Translate

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Erotica vs the Singularity

One of the things about growing up heterosexual in the 70's?  We had very limited things to look at or read in books. 

We went to the movies a lot.  There were limited video games and these were basically in arcades that teens went to.  They played one called Pac-man.

Two favorite films of mine from that era that I remember very fondly were "Summer of 42" and another called "Friends."

Elton John did the music for the movie Friends.  I had that album.

Those are good movies to watch to get an understanding of how the era looked?



This was the movie Friends...

I can't seem to link it in here, Movie "Friends"

Last night I was looking at a Salon article -- this one about what is going on right now in terms of the singularity.http://www.salon.com/2009/10/07/blob_mance/

How are you going to counteract that loneliness?  That's one of the saddest things I have ever read.

Or ever looked at.

We had very little to go on in the 70's except for films and scenes in movies?

I'm working on a new short story that is going to help stop the rise of the blob and turn the tide back to humanism.

That blob is creepy.

In the writers group I'm in I see all kinds of stories roll by.  Because of my training as a Depth Psychologist I think about that.  A lot.

#stoptheblob

that's a hash tag for you.

Stop the blob.

Summer of 42 is about a bunch of boys coming of age.

Friends was about two young teens and the consequences they faced trying to grow up too fast.

They are good movies to watch, wish I had copies of them.  I'd love to see them again.

Erotica vs the Singularity.

Humanism vs Robot.

xxoo!

Valentine

ps: I coined that word in Wordnik -- to distinguish what genre I'm writing.  Heterosexual stories.  Only problem is if you google the imagery for that word?  You get this!

Wordnik is great.  As a writer I think about words and semantics of words all the time.




No comments:

Post a Comment